Cabo San Lucas
Riviera Maya
Puerto Vallarta






Passport Requirements for travel to Mexico and the Caribbean
If you are planning to visit us on 2009, please take a minute to review the passport policy below. If you don't already have a valid passport, be sure to avoid the rush and give yourself plenty of time to apply for one.

• As of January 23, 2009, passports will be required for all U.S. citizens traveling to or from the United States via air, to or from Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean (with the exception of Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands), and Bermuda.

• As of January 1, 2008, passports will be required for all U.S. citizens traveling to or from the United States via land and sea, as well as air, regardless of destination.

Until that time, the following travel document requirements apply:

International Travel
• A valid passport is required; visas are required where they apply. This includes Europe, Asia, Central and South America.

Domestic Travel
• For domestic travel which includes: the Bahamas, Bermuda, Canada, the Caribbean and Mexico, a passport (valid or expired) is highly recommended.
• In the absence of a passport, a birth certificate (original or a certified copy), plus a picture ID card issued by a federal, state or local government agency is required.
• A voter registration card or Social Security Card are not considered to be proof of citizenship.
• Children under 16 years of age do not require a picture ID.

United States citizens can visit the State Department’s web site
http://travel.state.gov/ or call the U.S. National Passport Information Center: (877) 4USA-PPT. Please allow 6 weeks for processing of the passport application. If you need to travel urgently and require a passport sooner, please visit http://travel.state.gov/ for additional information on expedited processing.

To find out more information about how to obtain a Passport, please visit

To find frequently asked questions about the New Travel Document Requirements, please visit http://travel.state.gov/


  •  Any person under 18 years of age is considered a minor. Very strict regulations govern travel by minors into Mexico.

  •  If traveling alone, the minor must have a notarized consent form signed by both parents.

  •  If traveling with only one parent, the minor must have a notarized letter of consent signed by the parent not traveling.

  •  If traveling with only one parent and the other parent is deceased or the child has only one legal parent, a notarized statement must be obtained as proof.

  •  Airlines will also require the name, address and phone of the person meeting the unaccompanied minor upon arrival in Mexico.

Tourist Card
The Mexican government provides tourists cards free of charge to visitors. The tourist card is "permission" from the Mexican government to visit the country. Although sometimes difficult to acquire in large quantities, airlines always have an abundant supply upon check-in.

When you arrive in Mexico, your first stop will be Mexican Immigration. Mexican Immigration will inspect your proof of citizenship and validate your tourist card. The inspector will give you a blue copy - don't lose it! The copy must be returned upon departure.

Write down your tourist card number and keep it with your travel documents. If the card is lost, having the number will help greatly. Be sure to keep your tourist card and travel documents in a secure place.

Tourist cards can be validated for up to 180 days.





Check Hotel Rates, Specials and Availability


We Know Mexico

Mexico Weather

Trip Insurance

Cruise Lines Int'l

Hablamos Espanol!

This web page; domain, text, still graphics, audio, animation, video, and any forms or programs linked to this page, are under strict copyright laws. Copying any of the above mentioned materials without written consent from Baja Motion Tours may result in severe legal action. BAJA MOTION TOURS is U.S.A. based with all domains and copyrights registered in the U.S.A. and Mexico. © Mexico Travel Net is not responsible for any errors and omissions in this section. All rates and information are subject to change. Please contact us for seasonal promotions. Bonita, CA 91902 FAX 619.474.0344 CST #2057506-50. 
BMT Inc. Privacy Policy

USA Toll Free 1-800-511-4848 | PH: 619.474.0100 | FAX: 619.474-0344 
Bonita, CA 91902 | California Seller of Travel - #205750650